Wednesday, July 28, 2010

There Is No Tooth Fairy, and That's Okay.




It's been quite a week or two for TheFabJG...you guys know.  But it's time to spill and share what's been going on with me bloggy-style.

So I've been reworking some of our favorite recipes to make them much lighter than usual and so far (with the exception of the previously mentioned turkey spaghetti) it's been going very well!  One item that I'm especially proud of is a new pizza recipe that even David enjoyed!  Now, let it be said that David doesn't believe in pizza without sausage on it.  For my sweet sweet husband, sausage-free pizza is like Santa Clause, the Tooth Fairy, and the one eyed one horned flying purple-people eater (spoiler alert!).   So when I found this recipe for Pesto Chicken Pizza I was excited but leery that the hubster would not approve.  Boy was I ever wrong!  Y'all...you have to make this pizza.  Like NOW.  Go to the store this instant...I'll wait.  Yummo!  I do have to admit that I served this on homemade pizza dough, because any pizza crust that does not come out of my bread maker is just sacrilegious to me...which reminds me I need some wheat flour.  Hey, when you go to pick up stuff for YOUR pesto chicken pizza, will you grab me some wheat flour?  I'll hitcha back.  You're swell.

I also reworked one of our favorites, King Ranch Chicken with virtually fat-free soups and cheeses, substituting corn tortillas for crushed corn chips. I'm sure it's still not the healthiest dish, but my general take on all this is that I can't stop loving what I eat.  So I need to figure out how to still enjoy our favorites but to feel better about them at the same time.

Speaking of: found a new treat that I would love to share with you as well!  My current favorite dessert consists of 1/2cup Dannon Light & Fit Vanilla yogurt, one sliced banana, 1/2 cup Special K Low-Fat Granola cereal.  toss these ingredients in a bowl and prepare to be amazed.  I bet if you mixed it up before dinner and tossed it in the freezer it would be even better....tryin it!  I estimate this around 325-350 calories or so, but it's fillllllling.  Like hard-core.


Now, let's talk for a moment about how David runs circles around me on this whole healthier living thing.  He resists all temptation but one day a week.  He gets up at 6 o'clock in the frickin morning to go and ride his bike 20+ miles and then takes the Bear on another bike ride every evening that he can.  I, on the other hand, have been on my bike twice for a total of about 5 miles and my lady bits are sore for two days after each ride...I've done my workout DVD once, with a promise that I'm going to start it up again...I swear!  Maybe at lunch time today?  Ehh, who knows.  But all that to say that while generally speaking, David is much more athletic than I am, it really grates me when he's on a health kick because it makes glaringly obvious my lack of true commitment to the cause.  


On a final and completely unrelated note: I am looking to branch out, at least a little bit.  Here pretty soon you may find new pages at the Cupcake Chronicles.  Including at least Photography and ZeroDay Accomplishments...so keep an eye out for that.  That's really all I've got for today!  Deuces...



2 comments:

  1. PS--you rock. that is all. I'm hoping my chef makes that pizza soon, as I sent him the recipe. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will NOT be disappointed! Even the Bear loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete