Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Amazingly the scale budged!

...and I do mean amazingly!  The past two and a half days have been spent in Norman which translated in to:
1. Hamburgers, fries for dinner.
2. Sausage Egg biscuit for breakfast.
3. Enchilada meal for lunch.
4. Tacos for dinner.
5. Donut for breakfast.
6. Pizza for lunch.
7. Turkey sandwich for dinner....can you tell this is when I came home?


So rather than sit here and say "I'm not making excuses"....I am making excuses and each one of them is malarky.  It's like I lose all sense of drive when I'm away from home.  Goodness me it is a good thing that my job doesn't require much travel.  I'd be as big as a house!  I talked my office buddy in to buying a small fridge and microwave this week, though...so the "plan" is to start taking my lunch to work on my travel days.  Not only will I save a solid 800-1300 calories per day, but I will save at least $40 a month!  That's something that I can totally get on board with.  So let's see how it goes next week, shall we?




Anywayyyy.  On to other news.  Last week I worked out TWICE!  That sounds so pathetic, but hey, it's two more times than I can claim in the past 5 years for sure.  So Tuesday afternoon I started a new work-out DVD, The Biggest Loser: CardioMax.  What I like about it?  There are real people doing these exercises with me, not Betsy Bodybuilder who gets paid to live at the gym and thinks that the workout is a joke.  It's a fairly simple program that is designed to be a six-week guide to a better me.  Weeks 1&2 are a total 30 minute workout with 5 minutes of warmup and cooldown with a 20 minute session with Bob in between.  Weeks 3&4 adds in a 10 minute session with Jillian, and weeks 5&6 adds a third 10 minute session with whats-her-face.  I dig that.  It's not intimidating, it's manageable and the results can be seen quickly enough to hold my interest.  Of course, that six week program entails doing the tape 4-5 times per week, so I can't say that I'm officially on the program just yet.  But hey, this could be my week, right?  


Workout #2 was really a lovely evening bike ride with the family.  It was the first time that I had been on a legitimate bicycle in years.  Years.  So I was pretty proud of myself for going 2 1/2 miles and not feeling winded.  I could have easily gone 5-6 miles before becoming uncomfortable I believe.  David will be home this weekend and I'm hoping that we can go on one of his famous 10 mile rides with the Bear.  I know that would test me even more, and I will probably want to die afterward, but I'd love to get to where I can ride close to 30 miles.  My sister in law can do it, and I like to think that I'm at least in her league of physical capabilities.  Ideally, David and I would get to where we could go on those rides in the early morning before it got really hot...the sun goes to bed too early for us to be able to do so after it cools off in the evenings.  But we'll see.


By the way, this is my new bike.  Ain't she a beaut??   I think she's purdy!  Oh, and while we're on the subject of my pretty new biiiicycle.  I would like to take a quick second to officially go on record as saying that I, at the age of 28, now own my very first bike helmet.  Ever.  And I feel like a complete f-tard having to wear it now when I never did before, in all the thousands of miles that I rode a bike in my youth.  F. Tard.  But I can't very well expect to set an example for the Bear that "we always wear our helmets" if I, in fact, do not wear my helmet.  I hate when I get called out on those types of technicalities.


So that's a little update on what's new in my world.  Thanks for stopping by.


Exes and Hos!
JG

No comments:

Post a Comment