Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Grad School


Well, kids.  I've officially marked one of my DayZero tasks off my list.  I have applied to Grad School at Cameron University!  My degree will be a Master's of Science in Education Leadership; the rough equivalent to a Student Affairs degree.  What will I do with this, you ask?  Well, I'm not totally sure.  Ideally, I would like to continue working for OU and nab an adjunct teaching position while somehow finagling a full-time location in SW Oklahoma as a continuing education liaison.  You know, work with adults in this part of the state who are interested in starting or completing a degree program get pointed in the right direction.  Sounds swanky, huh?  What can I say, it's how I roll.




I think we even have uniforms!!  Can you just imagine?! 


I do have to be completely honest, though, and admit that while I do love school--no, truly, I do!--my motives for Grad School are not completely pure and self-fulfilling.  A number of people that I know, love and admire have either already completed their master's degrees while working so I know that it can be done, or are currently entering or have already taken some graduate courses, so again, I know I can do it.  But....


more importantly, two people that I cannot stand are also entering grad school this fall.  And I cannot and will not be one-upped by either of these individuals.  Cannot and will not happen.  Motivation is motivation, that's all there is to it.  It's just the same with the defattification--ultimately, I'm in some unspoken contest with an individual who I see as beneath me who is working very diligently on her weight loss journey. It is simply unacceptable to me for her to beat me at anything, let alone self improvement.  Unacceptable.


Signed,
Definitely Not Beatrice

No comments:

Post a Comment