Sunday, July 25, 2010

Smorgasbord of Randomness

One of my favorite people on earth sent me this little e-card one day, and it totally sums up my relationship with dairy.  I claim myself to be "Lactose Irritable" because sometimes we're cool...other times it mops the floor with me.  Thursday evening, I took Christopher out for some ice cream and had a delightful scoop of Cappuccino Chunky Chocolate...fewer calories and lower fat than my regular Twist...look it up!  Anyway, that "accidentally" wound up being my dinner....and boy did I regret it.  Lesson learned: ice cream for dinner equals working Sudoku puzzles on the can for dessert.  you're welcome.


On a separate, and completely unrelated, note:  Since I've made this list of "things to do to make me a better person", I've been seeing a lot of changes.  Not in myself, mind you, but in others.  Case in point: I popped by the Red Box last night to do a little perusing.  I loves me some Red Box these days.

Anyway, I pull up my little buggy and park it next to a gal who is using the kiosk.  Kiosk is a great word, try to use it in a sentence this week.  Anyway, she asks me if I am renting, and I said yeah but go ahead because I don't know what I want to rent yet, thinking that she thought she was in my way or holding me up or whathaveyou.  So she asks me if I have a code for a free rental, and I'm all "meh?" and she's all "yeah I got this code for a free rental and it works!"...so she leans over and shows me this 7-digit unrepeatable code...I select my movie, swipe my card and hit the button for PROMO and viola, nooooo monies were charged!  I couldn't believe it!

Sometimes I wonder if I got extra Jesus-points for just putting "do random acts of kindness for others" on my to-do list and I'm already reaping rewards.  This is possible, no?  Just sayin.

Which brings me to my third and final point for this evening.  Here I sit alone in my house for the weekend.  David and Christopher went up to Normantown and I have been officially left to my own (battery-operated) devices.  Naw, just kiddin y'all.  But seriously.  Can I just say out loud that I accomplished more today than I probably have in the past year??  I mean, all I did was shampoo the carpets and push stinkin laundry through,  oh and got a coat of amazingly badASS red paint on muh kitchen door, but that's it.  I did that and I was like "um, when do I get to just sit and goof off?  OH...I start now." and that's about how it went.  I'm about as productive as can be until my attention gives out, then we might as well just call it a day. ...which sounds pretty good right about now so I think I wi

1 comment: