Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Not one bite!

Three days in to the South Beach program, and I'm doing much better than I expected.  I wholeheartedly admit that being home for these three days has helped.  Tomorrow is going to be a real test....but I have a "plan".  I'm packing my lunch and snacks tonight, so hopefully I won't take a nosedive.  Shoot...I should probably preemptively make dinner, too huh?  Crap!

I digress.

I want to share a little triumph that I had yesterday, though.  I'm kinda famous for being a plate-picker.  Like, I pick off of other people's plates...well, loved one's...not just random people's.  That would be weird.  Anyway, when Boo isn't eating all of his dinner, or is offering a chip or cracker or veggie, I will partake in a bite here or there.  Don't judge me, you know you do it, too.

Anyway, last night, I made turkey cutlets with some bell peppers, onions, and zucchini--it was really delicious!  I gave Boo some wheat-thin chips and grapes to go along with his meat and zucchini...and I did not have one bite of either of them.  Not as I made his plate, not as he dawdled and didn't touch his chips, not as he offered bites to his mama.  Then, after he ate an amazing amount of his dinner, he got 3 vanilla wafer-sandwich cookies...and again, not. one. bite.  I honestly didn't even want one.  It was amazing.  It was inspiring.

I can do this!

1 comment: