Wednesday, August 25, 2010

for you, my sheep

It has been brought to my attention that I have left my sheep unattended for 23 days!  So sorry, little lambs.  Mama still loves you.  Let's go over what's new with me...which is abysmal, but we'll go there.

How's the diet going?  Ehh, it's kinda nahhhht.  I have "Healthified ADD", it's a real diagnosis.  I am a college graduate, so I'm allowed to self-diagnose.  It's the rules.  But yeah, so I'll be doing alright for a day or um, a meal, and then I'll slip.  Or I'll be away from home and, well, we've already been over being away from home being a huge hurdle that I have not successfully cleared yet.  I am holding steady at around 8 lbs down, but I need to kick it in gear again...I knowwww.   I'm still looking in to the South Beach Diet, but man it seems like a lot of work for those first two weeks.  Honestly, that's what is holding my horses on that front.  I know if I just sit down and plan it out and stick. to. it. then I'll be good.  Phase 2 seems more manageable on a day-to-day basis, but just getting through that bitch Phase 1 is what I'm focused on tackling right now.  Just give me a minute!

What else?  The new area of self-improvement that I'm venturing on right now is Financial Peace University.  Dave Ramsey is kind of my hero, but he gives me mixed signals.  I swear I know he wants me to have Grey's Anatomy on DVD....he wants me to be okay with buying that kyoooooooootsie backpack for Boo.  But his words don't match what I know he truly wants me to do.  So I'm kind of torn on which Dave to follow.  For now, I'm following the words that come out of his mouth as opposed to those that I'm receiving telepathically.  I figure that's the safer plan for now, but I don't know how long I can resist the overwhelming brainwaves he's sending out my way.  Just sayin.

I have checked another item off of my Day Zero (Zero Day?..whatever) Project...I went and donated blood at a Red Cross blood drive a week or two ago, and no kidding yall, a lady fainted!  I've never seen that happen to someone before, it was always just urban legend in my mind.  It was pretty crazy.  But I totally rocked it.  I gave blood like nobody's business and felt pretty awesome about it. I really like doing it, but we don't have a regular donation place down here, so I just have to wait for blood drives and hope that I catch an announcement for it on the radio or see a flyer or something.  But that's alright.  Anyway, you're welcome, person in need who receives my blood.  Glad I could help you out.

I'm currently listening to my Colbie Callait station on Pandora...and any song that she sings in the "iTunes Sessions"...uncut, broken down, acoustic....pretty much makes my skirt fly up.  Swoon.

That's just about all for now...hopefully more to come in a more timely fashion next time, eh?

2 comments: